CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Transition week one -- DONE

WOW a week has come and gone... At this time last Sunday I was frantically running around trying to make sure The Little King got to say goodbye to his friends, picking up his IPod (If anyone has any idea why a child would leave their very expensive IPod in their friends car please clue me in, because really I'm clueless on this one), making sure that J-Man and The Little King had every thing they needed.. We then packed up the car and away we went to the airport.. This is when reality set in.. See, the week before J-Man and I had a conversation that went like this:
Me: Did you book your ticket yet?
J-Man: No, I'm worried about leaving you to do it all at home.
Me: Don't worry about me I will be fine.
J'man: Well, you are still babysitting and packing is NOT going to be easy, plus mowing the lawn, getting the car fixed and such..
Me: I can do it, just go find a job
J-Man: OK then

Lets just say there was tears all around when we left J-man and The Little King at the airport.

The week was very productive though.. My parents came on Monday so I could take the car in.. It only needed an oil change --Score --.. Then they stayed the rest of the week and helped pack.. My parents rock..

The basement is completely packed.. Which consisted of The Little Kings room (I'm not sure how we made it out of there alive) the guest room, the laundry/storage room, a bathroom and the family room..

The kids rooms are packed as well.. I am pulling outfits out of tubs everyday for them.. WOW their rooms are clean..
Actually most of the house it packed.. I just have odds and ends here and there.. I feel pretty good about how far I have gotten..

We ended the week with two Daisy outings.. The first outing was walking in the parade.. Now, I have been asking, well actually praying for warm weather.. And lets just say that prayer came true.. So picture me in 93 degree weather with , oh lets say 60 % humidity walking over a mile carrying Little Foot on my shoulders and pushing a stroller( although one of the nice moms took over the stroller).. Yeah, yeah I know I need a double stroller ..It has just been at bottom of the list.. Not so much anymore..

Then the girls were camping out.. So, off we went.. Princess helped put up tents, roasted hot dogs, made fruit kabobs and had a great time.. I didn't stay overnight because, Well I really didn't think anyone wanted to see me nursing in the middle of the night.. So Little Foot, Tiny Mite and I went home for the night and went back in the morning.. One of the moms had ponies and the girls got to go for a ride.. They had a ball..




Little Foot wanted nothing to do with it.. He lasted long enough for me to snap a not so good picture.

Tiny Mite decided she must have her pic taken with the pony..

Now I must go mow our half acre lot with a push mower.. Anyone want to help?? Anyone?? Hmm, I don't blame you..







2 comments:

Jennyc said...

omg your kids are sooo cute. It is so hard to pack.

Anonymous said...

Where have I been??? (Not reading your blog obviously! *hangs head*) I didnt realize your husband left already!

Good luck on your move!